Devices get overwritten

This problem is driving me mad… Perhaps I’m missing something obvious?

I have a Windows 10 64 bit PC, an Android phone & a Windows 10 64bit tablet/laptop

This problem has actually existed for about a year & I gave up with Prey last time… but I want to try again

I install on the Desktop machine no problem. I’ve actually wiped the old install & installed from fresh. Works great.
Install it on the Android phone. No problems works great
Install it on the tablet. That installs ok but the desktop disappears from panel.preyprotect.com to be replaced by the tablet

So, I only have 2 devices… install again on the desktop. Installs fine but overwrites the tablet in the panel.

So, again only 2 devices. Doesn’t matter what I do I can never get the Desktop & tablet to both show… only the latest installed device shows :frowning:

The only help I could find was toggling the ‘Indentify devices when linking’… but no difference noted.

Suggestions please :slight_smile:

Ah, I’ve found someone with what looks the same problem…
https://community.preyproject.com/t/installing-prey-on-one-pc-removes-the-other-from-the-list/712

I still don’t know the solution :frowning:

Hi @Nigel, Sorry for the delay!
Sorry about that. This is a known issue when hardware information is shared between devices. What happens is that Prey (based in serial numbers, MAC addresses, UUIDs) “thinks” that the newly added device is actually one of the older ones, and overwrites the data. So basically, a few computers are sharing their entry on your account, and if you save it as missing all of them will start reporting.

To fix that please go to the Device Management tab on your Prey account, and disable “Identify devices when linking.” then, re-add the devices.

Please let me know if the problem persist,
I will be glad to help you :slight_smile:
Have a nice day! :sunny: