1.8.2 Upgrade Failure

MacBook Pro (2015)
macOS 10.14.1
Upgrade

My device hadn’t checked in for over 48 hours. In Terminal, I ran:
/usr/local/lib/prey/current/bin/prey

The output shows some issues with the upgrade process:

[updater] New version found: 1.8.2 [updater] Starting upgrade process. Hold on tight! [updater] Error! Unable to edit local database, update cancelled Error: Upgrade to 1.8.2 failed. Exit code: 1 SQLITE_READONLY: attempt to write a readonly database

Any idea how to correct this issue?

Hi @grayloon

I believe some our your files permissions changed, that’s why the upgrade failed.
The easy way is uninstalling prey completely running this sudo /usr/local/lib/prey/current/bin/prey config hooks pre_uninstall && sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/prey /var/log/prey.log /etc/prey and then just install 1.8.2 version.

Regards,
Javo

I uninstalled as you suggested. When I went to reinstall 1.8.2, it tells me there are no slots available.

API_KEY=my_key_here sudo -E installer -pkg prey-mac-1.8.2-x64.pkg -target /
API key found: my_key_here. Verifying account...
Response status: 200
Available slots: 0
No slots available. Stopping here.
installer: Error -  Pre install check failed. Try again.

Hi there,

The problem is that you don’t have slots available for adding new devices. I just checked your account.

For some reason Prey is not detecting this machine as a device already existing on your account, so I’d suggest you to delete the unit from your control panel, and then try this installer again. That will definitely do the trick.

PS: In case you have further issues, you can access priority customer support via email directly from your Prey account.

Once I removed the device, I was able to install. Thanks!

I tried to use the Contact link in my Prey panel, but it fails every time I try to send. I always get this:

Not sure where to look. Prey was working WONDERFULLY until—I installed 1.8.2 per instructions based on my email telling me my Flux Capacitor died.
Lenovo Laptop - Win7 Straight connected with router & WIFI on…Installed Prey 1.8.2 and device would not connect/ be recognized. Spent two days dancing with problem including deleting EVERYTHING Prey including Windows\Prey folder & anything in Regedit. Checked Firewall & Router to make sure Prey was NOT blocked. Once I finally got the program to work, then the Laptop was REFUSED until I deleted it from account so I could add it again.
Spent another day trying to get laptop to talk to server, then had problems finding location.
Everything seemed to be working again (about 3 weeks) and I got an email asking if everything’s OK, because its been three days since reporting in. I went to dashboard and it could not locate my Laptop. So I went to CMD and did that C:\Windows\Prey\current\bin\prey config panel -f thingy which is fun but confirmed same thing…3 days since last heard and Locate FAILED. Did that C:\Windows\Prey\current\bin\prey config gui and was told that it could not be added because too many items in account (NOT AGAIN ! ! !)
Is it possible to suggest something new, such as select SECRET Switch to ON Position?

Thanks,