6-Digit Security Code

trying to log -in and I don’t have a 6-digit security code - never have, AFAIK. Can’t access admin panel. Tried a password reset but still need the 6-digit security code. Please help!

I have exactly the same problem; never had the security code, I think…

Yes. I had the same problem. Try installing Google Authenticator on your phone. For some reason, it provides the 6-digit code that you need.

Thanks so much! That did the trick!!!

Didn’t work for me. I used my 2FA code in Google Authenticator to generate a 6 digit code, but Prey’s still saying its invalid.

Please search the recovery code on your email that Prey sent to you when you activate the Two Step Authentication :slight_smile:

Also it’s possible that the time on your Google Authenticator app is not synced correctly.
To make sure that you have the correct time:
Go to the main menu on the Google Authenticator app
Tap More Moreand then Settings.
Tap Time correction for codes
Tap Sync now
On the next screen, the app will confirm that the time has been synced, and you should now be able to use your verification codes to sign in. The sync will only affect the internal time of your Google Authenticator app, and will not change your device’s Date & Time settings.

Please let me know if that fixed the issue! :slight_smile: Have a nice day!

hi i key in recovery code but failed also

Hi @smsm, Please check your drect messages :slight_smile:

We are unable to log in to our Prey account as it requires a Six-Digit Security code. please help. patcas_remus@yahoo.com

HELLO,

We are unable to log in to our Prey account as it requires a Six-Digit Security code. please help. patcas_remus@yahoo.com

Hi, I have a new phone and I my code from authenticator is not working. I don’t have the old phone. Please send me instructions how to log in.

Just found a recovery code and it worked for me.

1 Like

Hi, the same for me. I don’t think to have one ? I tryed my regular code : it doesnt match.
Thank you. Merci