Android - Unfortunately Prey has stopped

Let us help you. Please tell us about…

• Affected device (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone): ???
  • Operating system (Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, Ubuntu, Fedora): ???
  • Part of Prey not working (Prey account, mobile app, a specific action or module, reports): ???

Could you please describe the problem?

And finally, please attach a screenshot if available (you can drag and drop images)

This message appears on my android phone after opening up. I have tried removing and reinstalling to no avail. It did work satisfactorily for some time.

This occurs on my Android phone (4.4.4) when I first switch on.
Prey had been working satisfactorily for some months. When this error started I deleted Prey from my phone (following the guidance on the web site) and reinstalled. The reinstallation was successful but the fault remained as before. Prey shows among the Apps but cannot be opened. It continues to work on my PC.

smartphone: Samsung Grand Neo Plus GT-I9060

Prey does not work at all, When I want to open the app it does not run

Hi everyone, sorry for this. I understand that this is very uncomfortable for you and we are working to fix it. At this moment I need if you can use the option “inform”, this will be helpful for us to diagnose the issue. I will keep you updated :slight_smile:

Clearing data and cache on Android, or reinstalling apps through the Google Play Store is a useful way. There is also an erase cache partition like this:

1. Press the power button to turn off the phone > set the device to recovery mode.
  2. Use the volume button to select, find the “Control Screen” option > select “Delete Cache Partition” and press the power button to confirm.
  3. Finally, restart the system.
    The “Unfortunately, app has stopped” problem can also be solved by restoring production settings.
1 Like