Couldn't connect to the web control panel? Can't log in on my android device

couldn’t connect to the web control panel Ceck your settings and try again.

So i’ve got the right login data but can’t log into the acctount on the android app. I had the app before and it worked back then but now after reinstalling it doesn’t work anymore.

Have now gone around the normal login and it’s issue by login in with the qr code from the website and that worked. But i still don’t get why it wouldn’t login normaly.

So if somebody knows please share so that i don’t really need the computer again to login.

Hi there,

That’s a weird problem. Could you please share a screenshot of the problem if available? Thanks!

I have the same problem, how did u log in?

I too have the same login problem with my Samsung galaxy note 4. I disable smart manager, open the prey app, input password to add my device, but get the “cant connect to control panel”. I can login to the control panel via chrome and see I have " devices. I don’t have a firewall. I have done the test and it appears to pass. I really can’t think of what else I can do.

Same problem here with the android app. Can log in with the qr code but trying to login normally, or submit my password to change some settings, gets the couldn’t connect to web Control Panel error. Did anyone resolve this? Checked in case there is a later version of the app but I seem to be up to date.

Is Prey down? I have the same issue in Android 6.0 and can’t even see anything at http://control.preyproject.com/ in my laptop web browser.

This page works :slight_smile:
https://panel.preyproject.com/qr

I have the same issue. Nothing I’ve tried allows me to log in on my new device: Samsung Galaxy s7. Galaxy s5 worked perfectly. Can log in on the web portal but when trying to add new device (I removed old device, first) I get "Cannot connect to web control panel - Check your settings and try again’ error message. No instructions on what settings to check. I’ve tried using wi-fi and data to log in but neither works. QR code did not work either. Please help.

Connectivity test - turned up all green bars. (https://solid.preyproject.com/test)

Really at a loss as to what to do here.

I have exactly the same issue. Trying to connect a Samsung Galaxy A3. All software was transferred from my previous phone, but I have uninstalled Prey and re-installed it. I can log in without difficulty on my PC, so I know the account details and password are correct, but all I can get on the new phone is “Prey couldn’t connect to the web Control Panel. Check your settings and try again”. What settings am I supposed to check? The phone connects to the internet as it should - after all, I have just downloaded Prey.

I’ve just managed to get connected. Seems problem in my case was that I already had three items connected, which is the limit for the free version of Prey. Solution was to remove the old phone from the system before connecting the new one.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Good one @TimR, it seems we’re not showing the correct message when the devices limit is reached. We’ll fix it on teh next release!

Thanks!

Best,
Carlos

1 Like

Hi i’m having the same problem with android 8.0. How do you login with the QR code? I see the option when trying to add a device, but don’t know how to scan it. -Thanks

That worked for me too - thanks

A few months ago, I already realized that the prey did not boot, only being left on a black screen. However, by testing on the site, I could get the location and control of the device.

I recently had to uninstall Prey and when installing again, it is IMPOSSIBLE to login, citing the message that was said above about “… Check your settings …”. What do I need to do to fix this? I do not want to be without

Hi @Jose_Morais. please check your Direct Messages :slight_smile:

Hi. I need help logging into my account. Carefully checked my details and tried to login with my normal login credentials but I am getting an ‘invalid login details message’ on my iPhone, mobile browser chrome AND desktop chrome browser. I have changed my password several times and it still wont let me login.
I emailed this to help@preyproject.com and it was blocked and flagged for spam.

Thanks, Mr B