Lock and delete files

Hello.

There is Win10 Pro used.

1. How quick is my notebook locked since I send a command to lock ?
  2. If I send command to delete my files, are they just deleted or swept ?

With kind regards,
Alex

Hi Alex, If the device is properly connected to a network, the execution should be immediate. About your second question, the Wipe function, check the files one by one, replaces its contents with 0’s and then deletes it :slightly_smiling_face: Can I help you with anything else?

Thank you, Daniella.

This is wonderful because when I tried LoJack it took about hour and their tech support said that generally it takes about 24 hours after lock command sent.

I also received price offer for 23 endpoints very fast. Thank you again.

Another question: does Prey work on Win10 Pro Bitlocker encrypted HDD/SDD ?

With kind regards,
Alex

Hello.

Is that no problem if my boot system drive is Bitlocker encrypted ?

With kind regardless,
Alex

Hi @Aleksandr_Mette,
It depends, Bitlocker can decrypt in start up or leave it encrypted. If it’ts the first option, Prey will not have a problem :slight_smile: If you use the second option, Unfortunately Prey will not work :frowning:
Please let me know id I can help you with anything else!

Hi Daniela,

Since I’ve changed my laptop’s faulty RAM memory, at boot I have a BitLocker screen asking me for a key that I never ever installed and cannot access anymore to my data!
Obviously, I have it neither in my Microsoft account, USB, PDF printout, or whatsoever.
The only program I was using PREY and in my dashboard, it is telling:

" DEVICE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH BITLOCKER
To perform ecryption actions your device needs to meet these requirements:
** Have the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) hardware.*
** Have the following Windows 10 editions: Enterprise, Professional or Education.*

Of course, I had TPM and Windows 10 Professional on that laptop, could you help, please?

Thanks.