My Device Was Stolen And I need help

Hello, 22 hours ago my phone has been stolen. When I was testing prey before my phone was stolen I block ALL types of notifications from prey. I did it to not draw attention of people. When I was testing it I realized it only was able to localize my phone when it would be unlocked or I guess at least on (I mean at least the unlock page). So unfortunately my phone is now stolen and I get the same error or whatever that I had when it wasn’t unlocked “Actions will be executed once the device reconnects to the Prey servers” maybe I was wrong to block notifications, or is it just that needs time? Its strange because with others devices that I have that doesn’t happen, it works perfectly even if its locked. Thank you for your attention.

• Samsug Galaxy J6

Hi there,

I’m sorry for your stolen phone. Could it be that whoever stole it turned it off? In that case, the message is expected and you should get information from the unit as soon as it connects to the internet again. Hopefully that will happen soon.

I dont think so. When the thief ask me to give my phone to him I immediately went to me home and track it (well at least try to track it). Also it wasnt able to turned it off that fast since I have a password to prevent it, and the battery of Samsung Galaxy J6 cant be remove manually. The phone had 100% of battery. So… I guess It had a error and now its too late to fix it. Hope not.

Hello,
I got my Moto G 5 Plus stolen when visiting 7-11. How do I go about getting it back or getting location of it? Thanks.

I remotely installed the Prey app in Google Play on my stolen phone just now.

Hi @Dan_M, I’m sorry to read that. could you please send me an email to help@preyproject.com? :slight_smile: