New Phone Won't Add to Device List

I recently got a new Android phone. I removed my old phone from my device list and followed the instructions to add the new phone. It appears the app loaded and it shows on my phone that I am Protected. However, when I pull up the devices list on my Macbook (the other device where I have Prey installed) it only shows my Macbook. It won’t show the new phone. When I open the panel on the phone it only shows the Macbook - not the new phone. Yet, it says I am protected.

I’ve tried uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, etc. Every time I can set up the phone and it appears I’m protected, but it will not show up on my Device list. Any ideas

Hi! I’m very sorry for the delay!
Could you please check your DM? :slight_smile:

Me ocurre exactamente lo mismo!

I am having the exact same problem and followed the same steps as enerjazz.

Hi!
Could you please:

1. Go to Android Settings > Security & Location > Device admin apps and disable Prey as one of them.
  2. Go to Android Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Prey > Storage and clear data.
  3. Go to step #1 and reenable Prey as an admin app.
  4. Open the Prey app again. It’ll ask for your email and password, and that will get the device added to your Prey account once you wish the process.

(Instructions could be a bit different depending on your Android version.)

The problem is caused by Google’s cloud backup, which restored the config file from your old Android device into the new one. These steps will force the new unit to be added.

Please let me know how it goes!

1 Like

That solved it. The key menu route on my phone was Settings>Security&lock screen>Device administrators to enable Prey. Thank you.