"No slots available"

I attempted to link my Dell Latitude (Window 7) laptop to my account (already have prey on iPhone and iPad). Got a message that my account was valid, but there were no available slots.

What does this mean, and what are my options? I can’t find any Help reference to this issue.

Thanks.

Hi, I sent you a direct message :slight_smile:

I got the same message that my account was valid, but there were no available slots.

What does this mean, and what are my options? I can’t find any Help reference to this issue.

What did you tell the other guy?

Hey @kirkdj,
On your prey panel you can see only 2 devices?

It could be an issue with the database, we can fix it right away, I just need to know the email you use on your account :slight_smile:

Regards,
Javo

please delete my email post after you get it

I sent you a direct message @kirkdj :slight_smile:

Just added my new phone and getting We have a situation No slots left for new devices (403). There are 3 devices on my account.

Hi @sprite, please check your DM :slight_smile:

Same problem. I guess you have to DM me

Hi! Please check your DM :slight_smile:

I’m getting the we have a situation 403. Have to devices and wanted to add a third.

I’m also getting the “no slots left” message since I formatted my phone.

I just created an account successfully and installed the prey app on my android device, but when I try to add the device via https://panel.preyproject.com/qr I get the attached error message.
When I log into my account it says: 0/1 devices.
Can someone tell me what went wrong?
Thanks in advance!

I ended up having to try the 3rd method “C:\Windows\Prey\current\bin\prey config gui” and it finally brought up the windows config of Prey, however when trying to login it says “Error account is valid but there are no available slots left”. I only have 1 phone (pixel 7 pro)…
PLEASE HELP! this has been a nightmare getting setup on Firefox Nightly already.