Power Button Lock problem

Hi i m i new user of prey and i noticed a problem with the power button lock i would like to talk to you about. Firstly when i set it up it worked fine. But only for 1 time. I tried to lock my phone, it asked me the pass and then i gave it and gained access, Untill here everything was fine. But when i tried again, even though the protection icon was on, the lock did not work and i could power off the phone without any password. In order for it to work again i had to set it up from the begining(and it would still work for 1 time, then i had to reenable it manualy again, even though the protection icon was showing all the time). In addition i noticed one more thing. When the lock was activated i left my phone’s battery to die. When i pluged it with the charger it opened normaly (the power button was usable, anyone could easily reset or power off the phone again.) Only after i unlocked it and entered my home screen did the protection kick in. I think that if possible both issues should be fixed in a next version. I m using the latest version off emui on a honor 6x. Thank you for your hard work and effort.

Hi @Jason, Thanks for the heads up! But it’s not a bug, is part of the feature… when you enter the PIN, the lock for the power button will be disable for a minute, and then will activate the lock again. If you enter your PIN, and after that you try to power off the device, will not be locked. Please let me know if you need further assistance, have a nice day :slight_smile:

Thank you very much! I was impatient as it seems :sweat_smile: I have one more question. What happens if i have the lock enabled and the phone goes out because the battery died? When it is pluged in will the lock work normaly, or the power button will work without the need of the pin? (when i tried it the lock worked, but on the second time, after i had accesed my homescreen. Befor that the power button was working without the need of pin) Thank you again for your time.

The “PIN prevent shutdown” function doesn’t work on my device. As it seems to be the case of other devices too. It’s a HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro. But I guess perhaps it’s the EMUI skin that prevents it? Seems like a nice function though. And thanks for making a great product and making it available for free also!

1 Like

Hi. I have already answered you in a different topic :slight_smile: Please let me know if the problem persists!