Problem adding new device (MacPro using Windows PC)

Hi Everyone

How can I add a MacPro laptop as a tracked device using a Windows desktop PC?

In the drop down list I select the OSX option which results in the download of a file “prey-mac_1.8.1_x86.pkg”.

Clicking on the file results in an option to look for an App in the App store - this seems pointless as you can’t add an App to a desktop PC -yeah?

I downloaded the Prey App to my Android phone but that doesn’t appear to help - nothing happens on clicking on the OSX option (or the Windows option either).

Is the solution to log into my Prey account on the MacPro and adding it as a new device? (I can’t attempt this at the moment as the MacPro belongs to a family member who lives some distance away).

Any advice appreciated.

Hi! Unfortunately you can’t add remotely a device, you have to donwload the App directly on the device that you want to add to your panel, and access with your credentials :slight_smile: Then you will be able to track the device from your panel on any device! :smiley: Please let me know if you need further assistance. Have a nice day :sunny:

Hi Daniela

Thanks for your reply.

Things have obviously changed since I last added devices, literally several years ago!

As I said in my query I don’t have direct access to the Notebook at the moment. Once I do I’ll have a go and let you know how I get on.

MGMaestro

1 Like