Samsung Note9 Prey app unable to connect to server

Let us help you. Please tell us about…

• Affected device (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone): Phone
  • Operating system (Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, Ubuntu, Fedora): Android
  • Part of Prey not working (Prey account, mobile app, a specific action or module, reports): Mobile App

Could you please describe the problem?

When in installed prey on my new samsung device it just wouldnt let me setup the account, after entering the login ingormation it just says “Cant connect to web server”, ive tried doing it in many ways, including giving admin rights to Prey directly on the phone. This is the reason why i stopped my subscription it has been over a month now and still cant use prey on my Samsung Note 9.

Ive used 3 different wifi connections (3 different ISPs), LTE from 1 ISP and thethering from one of my devices that does connect properly…

Uninstalled and installed several times, the only thing i did is load the samsung backup from a previous phone that got stolen but i was unable to recover, so when i deleted the stolen phone from my account i didnt set it to found.

And finally, please attach a screenshot if available (you can drag and drop images)

Hi @Ebarr, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.
Could you please send me an email to help@preyproject.com?
I need more information about your account, and I will be glad to help you with this.
Please send me the version of android of the device :slight_smile:
Have a nice day.