Screenshot taken partially for Full HD resolution screen

Hi all.

I test prey from time to time on my devices to make sure it’s going well (after updates, changes, etc.).

I have found out that when I set prey to report mode, when i receive the report, the screenshot includes only part of the screen.

My laptop monitor is Full HD (1920x1080) with 125% scaling - set by default on Windows.

Can prey adapt to the scaling and still include the whole screen in the screenshot? Or could it be something else that’s causing only part of the screen to be included in the report?

Thank you.

Hi there,

We’re aware of the issue. Thanks for reporting!

The problem comes from the Windows scaling, not resolution. I’m sure that @javo is working on the fix, which you can easily fix by setting the scaling to 100% in case you’re worried about it.

1 Like

Hello!
Is there any solution to this issue? I see that the topic is quite old but I still have the same problem on my laptop!

Still working on it!

Are you guys still working on this, nearly two years later, when DPI scaling is now totally standard on virtually all laptops sold these days? I’m having the same issue on a 1920x1080 screen with scaling enabled.

Hi!
Are you still working on this issue after THREE YEARS?!!!

Hi Jodi,

Yes, we are. It’s not high in the priority list, that’s why it’s taken so long.

The quickest fix is to set the scaling to 100%, though. That way the screenshots will be OK.