Stolen laptop - Prey turned off in my laptop?

Device

I have Prey installed in an early 2011 Macbook Pro, with Yosemite installed. I lent this laptop to my little sister so she has been using it each day. I have not checked whether Prey has been keeping an eye on my device, but my sister did not turn it off.

Could you please describe the problem?

My laptop just got stolen and as an attempt to find it, I signed into Prey and found that it had been offline for the past several months. Obviously, I am quite upset but I’m confused why my laptop would be “offline” for the past several months when we have been using it each day.

This is disappointing, and I want to know why it would be offline, now that my laptop is stolen, I have no way of recovering any of it or even erasing any documents. I trusted Prey would keep an eye since I normally got emails letting me know my laptop had been sitting offline, but I’m not sure why it would automatically be turned off.

Hi! I’m very sorry to read that your device was stolen, I have already sent you a DM :slight_smile: I will be glad to help you but I need more information about your account!