Terminal sudo cmd response/G-Authenticator code no longer works

Whenever I use a sudo cmd, this is immediately what shows next:
“sudo: /private/etc/sudoers.d/50_prey_switcher is world writable”

On another note, my 6-digit Google Authenticator code [I saved the screen shot] no longer works, tried on the MacBookPro, iPhone and iPad. No go.

I don’t want to provide my email addy here, so how do I get the authentication info to you?

Please advise

Cheers
Anthony

Hi Anthony,
I’m sorry to read that! Could you please upgrade the version of Prey on your laptop to the 1.7.3?
This should fix the first issue.

If you don’t have the 6 digit code of the Google Authenticator (or it’s failing) you’ll need the recovery code that we sent to your email when you activated the “Two step authentication”. After this, go to https://panel.preyproject.com/session/new?lang=en , access with your email, and click on “Lost your mobile device?”, there, you will have to enter the recovery code. Then, the two step authentication will be disabled and you’ll be able to access only with your credentials.

Please let me know if you need further assistance,
Have a nice day :slight_smile:

I trying to reset my password and since it has the Google 2FA I can not do it. I have the recovery code. How do I change the password

Hi @gmukiria ! if you have the recovery code, you can follow this steps :slight_smile: