Unable to access account - Requires 6 Digit Security code that we no longer have access to

Daniela, hola.
I have the same problem, i do not have that code…i cant add my new phone becouse i cant login

please help!

Hi @mmgaray please check your DM :slight_smile:

Thanks, DM answered :smiley:

1 Like

I have the same problem, the recovery code does not work after changing phones.
Help Please

Please check your DM @BFF :slight_smile:

I have replied. :smile:

1 Like

I can’t access my account either
I have no 6 digit code or a recovery code. What I do have is the devices that are connected to the account, my email and password.

How can this issue be resolved?

Hi, I have the same problem. Why are we all stupid xD??

Hi Everyone!
If you don’t have the 6 digit code of the Google Authenticator (or similar) you’ll need the recovery code that we sent to your email when you activated the “Two step authentication”

After this, go to https://panel.preyproject.com/session/new?lang=en , access with your email, and click on “Lost your mobile device?”, there, you will have to enter the recovery code. Then, the two step authentication will be disabled and you’ll be able to access only with your credentials.

Please let me know if you need further assistance!
Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hi - I have the same issue with not knowing my 6 digit code and not being able to access my account.

I can longer log in to Prey, too. I switched mobile phones recently and the Autheticator app no longer has Prey in it. I do not know how to add Prey to the Authenticator app and I cannot log in to Prey because I cannpt provide it with the 6 digit code.

i have the same problem

Hi @c0nan, @Doug_Aanes and @Clediomir, I have alrady answered you by a Direct Message! I nees personal information, please check! :smiley:

I was never given any Two step verification code. I joined prey during its early stages and never needed anything other than a username and my password. At some point, someone decided that the 2FA system should be enabled by default, messed up preexisting accounts and now I am still locked out of my account.

I can’t use facebook to bypass it, I can’t make a new account as my email is still used, I dont have any 6 digit code and I can’t access anything other than this forum. I’ve even changed my phone for a new one, and I cant add the new one to my account!

I have the same issue as above. I have had this account for a really long time and do not have a 6 digit code. I got a new phone as my old phone crashed. Can someone help?

Same issue as above. Any help? My phone remotely wiped :frowning:

Hi @phil2key and @Adam19, please check the DM inbox :slight_smile: I have already sent you a message!

Same issue. My account is old (2010) and i never had a 6 digit code so i can connect on my iPhone but not with my Mac. Tried to reset my password but this damned 6D code is asked. The snake will bite his tail…
Please Heeeeeelp.

Hi! The 2 step verification is not automatic! I have already sent you a DM to help you with this! :slight_smile:

Hello! I am also having a problem with this - my phone needed replacing and I cannot access authenticator and the recovery code does not work now!