About the Suggestions / Feature Requests category

What would you like Prey to do? What should it have? What it shouldn’t?

I may have installed Prey at some point but I do not recall it, Regardless, due to finding the Prey user on my Mac to try to remove it I proceeded as stated below. There appears to be no uninstaller software but on the Prey site I terminal command that supposedly removes Prey but it did not remove the PREY user. I would like to remove it! Does anyone know how it can be removed?
I see a USER named Prey Anti-Theft when I use the get info command on any file and click the + sign lower left corner of the get info window my MacBook Pro 2015 laptop. I found the terminal sudo command to remove Prey and it reported a successful removal but this Prey Ant-Theft user remains. Not visible in Users & Groups in System Preferences. How do I remove this USER? I really would like Prey NOT to install this near invisible and non removable user.

Hi!

You can try to reinstall Prey and then uninstall completely using the following command:

sudo /usr/local/lib/prey/current/bin/prey config hooks pre_uninstall && sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/prey /var/log/prey.log /etc/prey