2FA Recovery Code Issue (Prey Team announcement)

Howdy Preyans
We are receiving several messages regarding the two-step authentication security code going rogue, preventing you from accessing your Prey account.

Here is what you need to do:

If you have the recovery code with you:

Go to https://panel.preyproject.com/session/new, access with your email, and click on “Lost your mobile device?”, there, you will have to enter the recovery code. Then, the two-step authentication will be disabled and you’ll be able to access only with your credentials.

If you don’t have the recovery code with you:

If you don’t have the recovery code, we can disable the 2FA for you. Send us an email at help@preyproject.com for account verification.

To prevent this from happening again:
After you successfully managed to access your Prey account, we recommend you to generate your access recovery code (go to settings>two step verification) and save it in a safe place.

Hope it helps

Prey Team

Help!! Prey sent me a note “Your Device seems to be offline, everything ok?” But I could NOT sign in. My password was saved, and still I could not sign in. I changed the password twice. Each time Firefox offered to save it, and each time I said yes. I’d finish log-in and endless selection of traffic lights and tractors, and would get this stupid screen. I finally created a new user WITH THE SAME INFORMATION AS BEFORE. Any hijacker could have done that!! I don’t see this as any use at all, and the ONLY way I could get help is to go on your FORUM, which forces me to SIGN IN - which is the issue. I can’t. Now I’m signed in as a new user with my same laptop, and all the same information. But very cross.

Hi, I have been in contact as I cannot access my account - the recovery code I have does not work. I do have my account details on Lastpass so its a problem with 2FA. Daniela said that it could be deactivated, and I have sent ID.