After version 1.9.5 came out, screenshots and camera photos not coming up in the intervals as set

Let us help you. Please tell us about…

• Affected device Windows Laptop
  • Windows Version Windows 10
  • Part of Prey not working After 1.9.5 came out, the screenshots and camera shots are not being reported as per schedule. It was working fine till version 1.9.4 was there.

Could you please describe the problem?

Windows 10 laptop Device is set as lost. The device is on as can be detected. However the screenshots and camera pictures are not getting reported as per set frequency. This was working correctly in prey server version 1.9.4. Currently I see that prey is running version 1.9.5. The problem is happening since last 12 hours or so.

And finally, please attach a screenshot if available (you can drag and drop images)

So from today, the screenshot is being reported correctly. However, the webcam report is not showing up. Can this be fixed for version 1.9.4 client.

Are you still having this issue? I’ve just started having a similar issue. Reports are coming through with a screenshot, but there is no webcam picture. If i look in the c:/windows/temp folder i can see the webcam pictures that were taken, but it looks like they are not being uploaded to the Prey servers.

Surprisingly, even if I select to take pictures when setting the laptop as missing, I am not getting the webcam pictures from the laptop any more. I have not yet checked that windows temp location. But everything was working fine in 1.9.4. After this 1.9.5 has been rolled out, I am getting this issue. No reply from Prey team yet.

Hi all,

Next week we’re having a new release that fix those issues, so sorry for all the troubles.
It’d be useful if you can share your C:\Windows\Prey\prey.log file here or sent it to me to javo@preyhq.com.

Regards,
Javo

Hi Javo, I’ve emailed my log file.

Thanks for the update. Please let us know when the new release with the webcam report fix is available…

Any kind of timeline on this update from 1.9.5 coming out? Its pretty much not working at the moment!

We all need someone from prey team to fix the issue of webcam reports not being available. Last they said there will be an update this week. But surely that didn’t happen

So with Prey 1.9.6 suddenly 2 webcam reports were generated (after 2 months gap) for a duration of 15 min. But now again neither reports are coming up. Prey has become unpredictable. Is someone working on making the application stable?

For last 12 hours, with 1.9.6, the reports are coming up as expected. Thanks to the Prey Team for fixing this issue.

Has it also stopped working 80% of the time for you? it works in short bursts then back to nothing for days.

Any chance of 1.9.7 being remotely stable guys?

I have got the pattern in which the photos are being taken. After the laptop restarts the pictures are taken normally. After a Zoom call or Video enabled application run, prey stops taking photos and sends only the screenshot. After the laptop restarts, the photos are sent in the report again normally.