Android 10 Install doesn't scan barcode

I removed my old Android 8 phone and installed Prey on my new Android 10 Pixel3a. It prompts for a login credential but the barcode at the bottom of the Add Device page doesn’t display the code used Android 10 expects. I recall that the last time I installed Prey on my phone, it scanned the barcode.

Is there a way to modify the web site to display to code the QR code is showing until the Android 10 client is working. I can’t add my phone until then.

Same problem: I can’t add my new Android 10 phone (OnePlus 7T running Oxygen): Trying to add the new phone I get stuck in a loop with a popup that shows a QR code but I have no way of scanning it. The app shows ‘protected’ but the device doesn’t show up in my device list. Help!

Hi!
I’m sorry to read that. Could you please:

1. Go to Android Settings > Security & Location > Device admin apps and disable Prey as one of them.
  2. Go to Android Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Prey > Storage and clear data .
  3. Go to step #1 and reenable Prey as an admin app.
  4. Open the Prey app again. It’ll ask for your email and password, and that will get the device added to your Prey account once you finish the process.

(Instructions could be a bit different depending on your Android version.)

The problem is caused by Google’s cloud backup, which restored the config file from your old Android device into the new one. These steps will force the new unit to be added.
Please let me know how it goes!
Have a nice day.