Cant reach support on: help@preyproject.com

I get an error auto reply. Does anyone else also get this? All best, Jay

Let us help you. Please tell us about…

• Affected device (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone): ???
  • Operating system (Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, Ubuntu, Fedora): ???
  • Part of Prey not working (Prey account, mobile app, a specific action or module, reports): ???

Could you please describe the problem?

And finally, please attach a screenshot if available (you can drag and drop images)

Hello, anyone knows if this email should work [help@preyproject.com] ?

Hey jia.hmg!

The email help@preyproject.com is currently working! You will get an auto-reply email. You would need to reply to that auto-reply email to notify support team (this is because auto-reply email has a lot of FAQ, so if any of those won’t be of use to you, just tell us and we will see your problem).

If you want you can also ask about your problem here. We would be happy to help!

Cheers!

Ok thanks, here was the question: I tried twice and I dont have any other installations ongoing:

Prey 1.10.5 Installer (gyazo.com)

Hey jia.hmg!
How are you doing?
Maybe you have some files on your C:\Windows\ folder. You could find a “Prey” folder and if that’s the case, then maybe that’s what causing your problem. Make sure you don’t have any Prey instalation using this command on CMD with admin rights:

wmic product where name=“Prey Anti-Theft” call uninstall

And then, please go to C:\Windows\ and then make sure you don’t have any Prey folder inside. If you do have it, then please delete it.

Right now we are at 1.10.7 version ! So it’s better if you try with the latest version available.

Please tell me if this works for you. If you’re still having troubles, just contact us.

Have a nice day!

Cheers!

Thank you! These steps worked for me very well. Many thanks!