Device enrolment failed to install

Let us help you. Please tell us about…

• Affected device: iPhone XS
  • Operating system: iOS 12
  • Part of Prey not working: Activating Extra Features (Wipe, Lock)

Could you please describe the problem?

Hello, I know this question may have been asked a lot of times before, but I believe that this has something to do with the new operating system or the latest Apple device. Previously, I had used an iPhone 7 and my Prey panel was working fine, with the enrolment certificate functioning normally and Prey also was able to detect my location.

However, after I changed to a new device (iPhone XS), problems started to appear. I had to reinstall Prey 3 to 4 times in order for it to detect my location, or I was unable to install the enrolment certificate. I had tried many ways for it to work, such as resetting my network and all of my settings, restarting my phone and even renewing my Apple Push Notification Service.

I know it’s necessary for me to enrol the certificate in order to use the extra features, and is essentially the most important features to prevent thieves from accessing my information, so I need your help. Thank you very much.

And finally, please attach a screenshot if available (you can drag and drop images)

Hi @sarahlovesgh, Please check your DM, I have already sent you a message! :slight_smile:

Hi @Daniela, I am having exactly the same problem with my iPhone 5SE with iOS 12.0.1 installed. Is there a remedy that you could share please?

Hi! Please check your Direct message :slight_smile:

Having exact same problem too. Can you please send me the solution to this?

EDIT: I fixed this by deleting the app, then going into settings and deleting the remote management certificate in the General settings. Then I reinstalled the app and followed the instructions to enroll my ipad. Works now.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. Can you help me please?