I update to the new version and doesn´t works my password to unlock the screen

Any way to reset the screen password from pc?

i unlock the screen password with 4 digits before and now doesn’t works. I have my screen blocked since the update.

i have a samsung s7

pd: sorry for my english.

hola, pudiste resolverlo? estoy en la misma situacion

Tuve que abrir el celular y desconectar la bateria. Lo desinstalé.

Hola,

Tenemos detectado el problema y se está resolviendo en este momento. Una vez verificado el fix se actualizará la versión de Prey lo antes posible.
Disculpen todas las molestias.

Saludos!
Javo

I was locked out of my Moto Z play last night (Android 8). In the past my PIN would get me in (like when I wanted to restart the phone), but now the lock screen (which does not even indicate it is from PREY) wants a password. The PIN did not work, my Google password didn’t work. C’mon on PREY folks, give us a hint which password you actually want! How was I supposed to know that I hadn’t gotten hit with malware?

Fortunately I discovered (online) a way to bypass the lock screen (apparently has been reported to PREY as a bug) and so I’m back in.

Help… Nothing is working for me. Locked out of phone…

Try: https://medium.com/@tomemendes/bug-on-mobile-security-app-prey-anti-theft-fdfe8e27ec8e

1 Like

Hi there,
This issue was fixed in our latest release.
Please update Prey app from the Playstore

Prey team.

Hello, I could not solve my phone, it is still locked, it asks me for a password and it does not unlock

Hi Elvis,

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.

Could you please enter to your panel and send a “Lock” action. After this you should be able to stop it or unlock it using the new password.

Please let me know if the problem persists.

Have a nice day.

I have Android 8 on a Samsung 9+, and I went to restart my phone, but this caused an endless loop of Prey lock screens so I am now locked out of my phone. I’ve sent multiple lock and unlock requests from my control panel all to no avail. Because my screen is locked, I cannot update any of my apps including Prey with its supposed fix. Please help in outlining a work around so I can access my phone.

How do you update if your phone is locked?
Can you push out the latest release and unlock my phone?

Hello Pato.. I’ve a dude.

The new release was leaving on Google Playstore (2.1.9) fix this lock issue on Android platforms??

If it’s correct, it means that Android Prey users installed this version will can actívate the PIN Prevent Power Off function again.?

No matter they are root Android user .

Thank’s in advanced

Regards.
:+1:
LG