Migrated phone, installed prey, but didnt know i had to update device

now i have lost my phone and when i login i only see my old device…

the phone number is the same one… the associated email is the same one the only thing that changes is the phone model

is there any way i could activate prey in the new phone?

Hi josu_abasolo!

Do you have prey installed on your new phone?

Cheers!

i think that was the first thing i did as soon as i switched it on …

Hello again!

Let me see if I can help you with this. Do you any more information about what happened? For example, was your device off when it was stolen from you? Or maybe with low battery?

I know you installed prey, but did you configurated it on your device? Were you able to see your newest device on the prey panel?

I’m sorry for asking too much. But it will help us to understand the problem and to give you a better answer.

Cheers!

no no you are really welcome ask as much as you need

i have lost it , it is on and it does have battery untill sunday more or less, when i dial my number it does give signal

no i didnt open the app i just installed it… my bad i didnt think about it :confused:

thanks for your quick reply :smiley:

Whoops! Sorry for replying so late.

So from what I’m reviewing right now with the team, I have to tell you that since you didn’t configure Prey on the device then it won’t be traceable by Prey. Even if you have it installed or if it’s on.

I’m so sorry for the inconvenience. You could try using Google services to trace it since in this particular case you can’t really depend on Prey.

If you need anything else from our team let us know! We would be more than happy to help you!

dont worry thanks for the help ill do some google search about finding it with google services at least thanks to your comment i have another option to try to find it…

guess next time the first thing will be installing prey AND configure it!!!

anyway thanks for being helpful

It’s okay. I’m glad you found the information helpful!

Have a nice day/afternoon/night!

1 Like