New Phone - Lost Authenticator - Recovery code not working

I’m unable to login to my Prey account. I got a new phone and my recovery code is not working to bypass the authenticator.

When I attempt to use the recovery code to login, it tells me invalid security code.

I am having the same problem. I guess we wait til a PREY employee sees this and sends us info on how to fix like the other posts.

Hi @Ben_Thetford and @Jedimatt1 Please check your DM :slight_smile:

HI! I have thesame problem! what can i do?

Hi @sam0,
If you don’t have the 6 digit code of the Google Authenticator (or similar) you’ll need the recovery code that we sent to your email when you activated the “Two step authentication” :slight_smile: Do you have it?
Please let me know,
Have a nice day! :sunny:

yes i have. I had requested twice. I guess i use the last one

Hi!
Please, go to https://panel.preyproject.com/session/new?lang=en , access with your email, and click on “Lost your mobile device?”, there, you will have to enter the recovery code. Then, the two step authentication will be disabled and you’ll be able to access only with your credentials.

Please let me know how it goes!
Have a nice day :wink:

i have other problem also. Maybe i put wrong password cause it says that is invalid combination and when i proceed to change the password, is asks for 6 digit code

Hi @sam0,
I have already sent you a direct message :slight_smile: Please check!

Hello, got same login problem, switched to a new mobile and install the new Authenticator and left behind the migration of Prey to the new one… tried to access with the Recovery Code but probably I’ve a wrong one.
How can I get back into my Prey account?

Thank you

Hi @NervousDJ, please check your Direct Messages :slight_smile:

I’m unable to login to my Prey account. I got a new phone and my recovery code is not working to bypass the authenticator.

When I attempt to use the recovery code to login, it tells me invalid security code.

I find it noteworthy that Vinacot_Co_Ltd has worded this exactly as Ben_Thetford. I’m not tossing accusations, just observing guys. All the best.