- Affected device : Laptop
- Windows Version: Windows 10 x64 Family
- Part of Prey not working: Location
Could you please describe the problem?
Prey simply does not find the location of my laptop. Whenever I try to click on Update Location, I get the following error:
ENABLE WIFI ADAPTER OR GPS TO RECEIVE LOCATION.
- Ensured Wi-Fi was on.
- Deactivated Ethernet to make sure it wasn’t causing a problem.
- Deactivated my Virtual Machine to ensure it wasn’t an IP forwarding problem either.
- Deactivated MalwareBytes and Windows Defender/Firewall to see if it was related to those.
- Deactivated Windows’ built-in location
- Checked if I could access SSIDs through
netsh wlan show all> 10 SSIDs found.
Prey shows “Got location” on the top right of the screen, but no map is displayed.
Here is the part of logs that should be interesting:
error Thu, 12 Mar 2020 09:15:10 GMT [reports] Unable to get access_points_list: No access points found. info Thu, 12 Mar 2020 09:15:11 GMT [control-panel] Posting data info Thu, 12 Mar 2020 09:15:11 GMT [control-panel] Got 200 response: OK error Thu, 12 Mar 2020 09:15:17 GMT [reports] Unable to get gateway_ip: No gateway IP assigned to Ethernet 8