Prey remove my device after I add a new one

Device: Laptops
Prey Installer: 1,8,1 x64 (free plan)

I have problem to add new device to a existing account/email address. It only allow me to have one device. Every time I added a second device, the first device will disappear/deleted by prey automatically from the panel screen, without any error message. Therefore, it always show ‘1/3 devices’.

Things I had tried: Use prey config gui -f command, remove the first device, close the account, uninstall & reinstall prey, etc but does help.a

Kindly suggest how to troubleshoot this problem.

Hi @monks, could you please go to the Device Management tab on your Prey account, and disable the ‘Identify devices when linking. Overwrite devices if their hardware information already exists on this account.’ then reinstall the new device? Please let me know if the problem persists, have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

My ‘‘Identify devices when linking’ setting was indeed disabled. However, i turned on & off it several times while adding the device, then suddenly it works.
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

We had the same issue. 16 total licenses and we could only get 14 laptops added. Number 14 was a struggle too. Multiple installs to finally get it to show up because it would keep booting an existing one out. I’ve found this complaint multiple times but the only solution is to verify ‘Identify devices when linking’ option which i’ve already verified is disabled. So what now?

Hi @tcw, please check your Direct Messages :slight_smile: