Shield off stopped working, Android 9

• Affected device : Sony Xperia xz2
  • Operating system android 9
  • Part of Prey not working shield off button

Could you please describe the problem?

I recently updated the phone to android 9, and it seems like the shield off button does not work anymore. I can shut off the phone in locked and unlocked state when long-pressing power button, and prey is running in the background.
Is that a bug that should be solved? This is one of the best features!

Best regards

1 Like

Hallo Glühwein,
did you find a solution? I have the same issue. I don’t understand why Android doesn’t come with such a feature anyway…

Hi,

No unfortunately not. I was looking for other apps that could disable possibility to turn the device off when screen is locked but could not find any.
Doesnt seem that prey is working on that issue…

Seems like there is no solution to this, it is android pie that has policy restrictions that prevent this function from working. There is another thread where support confirms this. Almost a dealbreaker for me as there are many other location apps out there which provide similar services but this was the differentiator for me…

1 Like

Hi guys, unfortunately, as you know now it’s a restriction of the Operating system :frowning: It’s not a bug from Prey :frowning2: let me know if you need anything else. Have a nice day

I have the same problem. It doesn’t work on my device either. It’s a HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro…