SMS Location not working

Let us help you. Please tell us about…

• Affected device (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone): Phone
  • Operating system (Windows, MacOS, Android, iOS, Ubuntu, Fedora): Android
  • Part of Prey not working (Prey account, mobile app, a specific action or module, reports): SMS command: location

Could you please describe the problem?

At the moment I am in South Africa for half a year. Since there are more thefts here than at home, I wanted to test if the sms location command was working.
My dad is still in the Netherlands and he texted both my Dutch and my South African phone number. The pin and his phone number that he entered in the message are correct, and he is using +31 in front of his number. The location services on my phone are turned on and set to high accuracy. The mobile data is also turned on. I do receive the SMS on my phone, but he doesn’t get a text back with my location. We tried it when I was still in the Netherlands, and there it was working just fine. Any idea why it isn’t working anymore?

Update: The other SMS commands aren’t working either.

Thank you for your help!

Hi, please check your DM, I need more information about this and your account :slight_smile:

was this issue resolved? I also noticed that sms commands no longer work … last time it was working was on Jan 19th. Now wanted to check if phone sms commands are active I no longer can’t find that section on app. something to do with app updates … meaning no longer work with older phones? (using android version 5.1)

Kalle

Hi, unfortunately the SMS commands are no longer availbale :frowning: this is related to a restriction of the OS. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else. Have a nice day :sunny:

Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
So only way to know where is the device is to use web gui? But how my device should be able to be contacted if there is no mobile connection? Kind a makes this app senseless.

Best,
Kalle