Unable to access my laptop

I have Prey installed on my laptop and 2 phones (mine and my wifes). The weekend before last I left my laptop in the seat pocket of a plane. I realised before I left the airport and activated Prey just in case. Fortunately, the airline staff collected it and everything was fine. I deactivated the lock and thought everything was good. I’ve been using it happily for the last week.
However, today I rebooted it for the first time, and now I am locked out. The laptop is displaying a Prey password box. As this was over week ago, and I had deactivated it anyway, I can’t remember the password. I can’t find anywhere in either the browser version on the Android version that allows me remove it. I just tried sending the sound to the laptop and that is working fine.

How do I disable the password from the app?

And finally, please attach a screenshot if available (you can drag and drop images)

Hi! Could you please resend the lock from your Prey panel? With a different password. :slight_smile:
Please let me know if the problem persists.
Have a nice day.

Just relock it again? I’ve actually managed to get around the lock by trying to shutdown and cancelling when apps are blocking the shutdown. That seems to have got me back in for now, but I assume that when I do reboot, it’ll come back up again as the Task Manager is unavailable.

It does present a worryingly easy way to get around it though if I can simply intercept the shutdown process and get into the laptop as normal