Windows Laptop can’t connect with Prey Servers

Let us help you. Please tell us about…

• Affected device (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone): Laptop
  • Windows Version 11
  • Part of Prey not working (Prey account, mobile app, a specific action or module, reports): Registering new device

Could you please describe the problem?

After installation it redirects me to the browser for adding my device but stays stuck at page showing connecting with Prey servers. Nothing else happens.
I tried all solutions on the other threads but nothing helped me.

And finally, please attach a screenshot if available (you can drag and drop images)

Just confirming with you that I am facing the same issue - be it with the EXE, MSI, or choco installation.

1 Like

Correct. I tried all solutions of the forum but nothing helps.

2 Likes

Same. Is this a dead software? Windows 11.

I’m having the same problem.

I’ve tried on both Android and Windows 11. Neither works.

I can log into my prey (web) account without incident but it shows no devices.
I tried the “C:\Windows\Prey\current\bin\prey config gui” (Windows) and while it said it was successful, no device shows up in my account.

I’ve tried 2 different Android machines with identical results.
Something is messed up. My account is listed under vicntc@gmail.com

On a related note: one of the reasons I started this effort was that Prey insisted on situating my laptop at a location where I haven’t lived for almost 4 years. I followed all of the troubleshooting tips from your website but no change.

Google maps pinpoints my location within a few yards. No other application seems to have any issue using location services to pinpoint where my laptop is. This has been an ongoing issue for a few years (I’ve reported it multiple times but had no solution provided).