Prey 1.9.4 installation failure on Mint 19.3

I downloaded the .deb and tried - and failed - to install it, using the graphical installer (that is called Gdebi). The log (which your site will not allow me to upload) is, temporarily, here. Please advise.

My system

Host: 20KHCTO1WW ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th
Kernel: 5.6.7-050607-generic
Shell: bash 4.4.20
Resolution: 2560x1440 @ 60.01Hz
DE: Cinnamon
WM: Mutter (Muffin)
CPU: Intel i7-8550U (8) @ 4.000GHz
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 620
Memory: 3950MiB / 15907MiB
Disk (/dev/nvme0n1p4): 20G / 40G (52%)
Disk (/dev/nvme0n1p2): 161G / 405G (42%)
Disk (udev): 0 / 7.8G (0%)

Actually, it seems that perhaps the installation has succeeded, and only a post-installation script failed. But (1) should I worry? (2) why did it fail / should that be fixed? Also (3) so far as I can tell, neither the announcements nor the news fora - both of which seem rather empty - contain anything on Prey 1.9.4, even though that release is cross-platform and even though the Windows version is on MajorGeeks.com.

EDIT: the post-installation script is now throwing an error when I install other software. This is far from the first problem I have had with Prey. I do tire of these problems. Still, I am on Mint and I discover - belatedly - that Prey supports only ‘Ubuntu systems’. Does Mint count?

Installing the package, from the terminal, and from a second time, seemed to fix the installation problem - though (see my post immediately above) I have not yet tried to install any other software. The second installation of Prey 1.9.4 even opened my browser, as it intends to. Yet, it was the wrong browser - i.e. not my default browser. Also: doing the upgrade in a terminal blocks package managers until the (wrong) browser window is closed. This mess gets worse and worse.

EDITED.

Hi @rtrtEerUt

I can not assure you that the installation installation process it’s gonna be successful on Linux Mint given that we’re only supporting Ubuntu now.
I updated the prey-1.9.4 installer a week ago so you can try installing again, the dependencies shouldn’t be a problem on Ubuntu 20 now and the browser shouldn’t close when you kill the process on the terminal.
Which browser are you using as default?

Regards,
Javo

Dear Javo

In short: I am afraid you miss the main point.

Let me explain. First: I fear the left-hand does not know what the right-hand does. For, I am in contact with one of your engineers, who has undertaken to fix things. The engineer did not mention the browser problem but he did say he might write back; if he does, I will mentioned that; so, thanks for reminding me. The engineer told me also that, while one of your own webpages says that the product should install on any Debian-based distribution, only Ubuntu is supported officially. However: my main complaint, and one which the engineer accepts, is that if your program is installable only via terminal (which presently it is) then that should be made clear somewhere prominent. Once I was told the terminal command, Prey installed fine (though the browser opening did misfire). And/but the engineer said he will look into making the program installable in ways other than the terminal.

Hey @rtrtEerUt,

We’ve been reviewing the issue and the engineer is gonna keep the conversation through email, so you can be get a better support.

Regards,
Javo